Let's Get Married
In the 1800s, Jane Austen the Author wrote of romance and life.
In the 21st Century, Jane Austin the Marriage Celebrant writes marriage ceremonies of romance and special lives, for every bridal couple has their own special love story...
Congratulations on getting married! Now where do you start? The first thing you need to do is to consider what sort of wedding would you like? A formal wedding? A church perhaps? A relaxed/informal wedding – maybe even a wedding where you surprise your guests! Now you need to work out which venue will suit your wedding vision the best and then there's the choice of Celebrant. You want a Celebrant who is as passionate about your wedding as you are and someone who will work hard to make the whole process really easy for you.
We all know organising a wedding can sometimes be a stressful experience, that is why Surprise Weddings can work so well, just ask Anna and Shawn. After 14 years and two beautiful daughters together, they decided, when holding a 40th Birthday Party for Anna to make it even more special by surprising all their guests by getting married. Jane turned up early and helped Anna and Shawn put the final touches to the tables before Anna went out the back to change and 'hide' and Shawn and Jane used their 'developed story' to explain why Anna was late.
" Jane was an excellent celebrant! Attentive, organised, a great listener, extremely helpful and not overbearing at all. When ever we needed advice or help she was there - and went the extra mile. She deconstructed the whole process and made it very simple for us. She put everyone at ease on the special day and is an excellent orator. We would recommend her to anyone.
" Everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to and it was just like we wanted it to be.
What is unique about Jane?
- Jane has previously worked as a wedding DJ, MC, wedding planner and even a wedding photographer so she brings a world of experience to your Wedding Ceremony. Should there be any hiccups on the day, you can be assured Jane will have some ideas to fix the situation and assist you.
- Jane won't just send you some information and turn up on the day. She will spend as much time with you as you need to get everything sorted so you can 'sit back and relax' on the day. You are welcome to have as many meetings, phone calls, texts and emails as you need to get everything sorted.
- Jane will travel to you for meetings or you are welcome to visit her at her home in Eltham.
- No two ceremonies are the same. Jane will write a personalised ceremony especially for you based on your special story.
- You have full editorial content over the ceremony script and will know what Jane will be saying on the day – no uncomfortable surprises!
- Jane supplies a state of the art PA system which utilises a headset for Jane and a handheld microphone for your readers and for you to use during your vows. The PA system is battery run so does not require any power and can play music via ipod, memory stick or cds.
- Jane also supplies a talented assistant who will ensure the music is at the correct volume, played when required, fades down nicely and even can assist with any odd jobs e.g. telling the bridesmaids when to walk up the aisle!
- Jane has accumulated a lot of information about weddings over her many years in the wedding industry and will provide you with all the resources you need to make putting your ceremony together a really easy and fun process, ensuring your ceremony is completely your choice.
- Jane will travel to your venue for a wedding rehearsal, even if it is in the country!
- Jane will explain what legal wording and documents you require in order to get married and will ensure that the documents are correctly lodged immediately after the wedding so you don't have to wait too long to get the official wedding certificate.
- Most wedding ceremonies (including signing photos) take around 30 minutes. Jane will ensure that your ceremony flows well and keeps to time (even if all your relatives are trying to hold you up for 'just one more photo!') so you can keep your running schedule on track.
- Your ceremony is all about you and your special story – Jane will work closely with you to ensure that this story is captured and will work at the pace that is right for you.
- Jane will get to know your parents, readers and bridal party at the wedding rehearsal and will not forget your names.
- Jane will discuss the rundown of the ceremony with all professionals (photographers/videographers, etc) to ensure that everyone gets the ceremony coverage they need.
- Jane will stand to the side until vows and even move away when you kiss so you get the all important photos without having a Celebrant in the picture the whole time.
- Jane will have your Marriage Certificate (and any assistance certificates) professionally calligraphied.
- Jane can supply a 12m red carpet which will be vacuumed and all set up for you on the day.
- Jane won't just run off after the ceremony. Should you be having photos or pre-dinner drinks outside, Jane will continue to play music (you have chosen) until you move off (for photos or to the reception) or until your entertainment take over.
- Jane will give you a specially printed copy of your ceremony for you to keep.
- Should you wish to keep your special words and vows a secret from your fiancé/fiancée, Jane will work with you to ensure you both know what is going on but do not find out until the exact moment what that wording is.
- Jane will assist with anything else she can for your ceremony to go smoothly, for example, tea light candle holders for your aisle and Bali flags for a beach ceremony
- Jane will assist with anything else she can for your ceremony to go smoothly with suggestions from everything from ceremonies that can be held (e.g. sand pouring) and other supplier suggestions.
- Jane will do everything in her power to make your wedding ceremony one of the best experiences of your life.
Thank you for your enquiry with Jane Austin, Marriage Celebrant.
Should you require a personalised quotation or an obligation free meeting, please do not hesitate to contact Jane - anytime!